Acronyms -- What They Mean!!
It is very important that you understand what type of product you will be getting with your purchase. We have provided these details to help as much as possible. Due to the fact that files are digital and cannot be returned, we cannot give refunds for orders errors due to product license, resolution, or software the product works with.
Whle most items work with nearly all graphics programs, there are some items created to work with only specific programs or versions of those programs. Please carefully check prior to purchase, or ask when in doubt. We are always more than happy to clarify! :)
Licensing Acronyms --
But as a basic guideline, hopefully this will help :) --
Generally you can use:
- CU4CU (Commercial Use for Commercial Use) to make new products you sell as CU / S4H / PU to your own customers.
- CU (Commercial Use) to make new products you sell as S4H / PU to your own customers.
- S4H (Scrap for Hire) as a service you offer to customers to earn money from - such as creating finished albums for them, or birth announcements, greeting cards and such that would be flattened. Where in your customer would not be getting the files to use themselves to create with, but a finished version of something from you in a non-editable format.
- PU (Personal Use) can be used for your own personal use, non profit only.
Generally each license superceded the one below it - so CU4CU products are also ok for CU, S4H, PU as well. CU products are also ok for S4H / PU as well. And S4H products are also ok for PU as well. ;)
If there is a designer you are planning to purchase from and their terms are unclear for your intended use, sometimes the clearest way to check how you want to use the product is just to email and ask them if what you have in mind is specifically ok. Then you know for certain you are covered, and can keep a copy of that correspondence as a record. :)
Size Acronyms --
- FS - Full Size - Printable Resolution - Great for real life prints, greeting cards, layouts, photography collages, and more...
- TS - Tagger Size - Web Resolution Only. These are generally used to create web graphics for websites, or signature tags, email stationary, or web sized scrapbook layouts.
Program Acronyms --
- PS - Photshop - and its various Creative Suite versions such as CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5.
- PSE - Photoshop Elements - ths is different than the full versions of Photoshop. Not all products that work in Photoshop will work in PSE. And some products will work in newer versions of PSE but not older. You will need to read the product description or know for yourself from experience to be certain.
- PSP - PaintShop Pro - and its various versions - 9, X (10), XI (11), XII, XIII and so on...
Actions made to work in Photoshop will not work in PaintShop Pro!
Scripts made to work in PaintShop Pro will not work in Photoshop!
While some items are interchangeable between programs, some things are not. It is important you understand what works for YOUR program so you can buy the things that will meet your needs. :)
PSD is a native Photoshop format, but can be opened in both PS and PSP, making it a very versatile format for both programs, especially for layered files such as templates! However some photoshop features such as styles will not translate to PSP.
PNG files can be opened by all programs that support transparency - most do!